Stem Cell Facial is specially designed by Dr Yap using stem cells obtained from patient’s own fat, which are injected into the dermal and sub-dermal layer to kickstart the rejuvenation and regeneration process for a youthful skin.
The specially processed fat in a liquid form is known to contain a high concentration of stem cells. Stem cells are undifferentiated biological cells that can differentiate into specialised cells and can divide (through cell division) to produce more stem cells. Stem cells are very important in the regeneration of damaged tissues.
How does it work?
The injection is usually performed under local anaesthesia. Only if it is combined with other procedures, it will be done under general anaesthesia.
- Liposuction—The fat is harvested means of a liposuction from any part of the body that has a sufficient amount of fat, in most cases this will be the stomach or the upper legs, but it can also be taken from the inner knees, the thighs, the buttocks or love handles.
- After injecting local anaesthesia a very small incision is made and fat is aspirated using a blunt needle with multiple perforations and a special aspirator.
- Filtration—The fat is washed and filtered to separate blood, oil and local anaesthetic from the fat cells.
- The fat is then denatured and filtered to produce a solution containing fat derived stem cells and fat cell membrane components.
- Injection of the liquid fat— If the procedure is performed under local anaesthesia, the recipient site is injected with a minimal amount of local anaesthesia after which the fat cells are injected with a very fine needle.
- The areas where the injection is used most: – Face, Hands and Décolleté
What are the benefits of the Stem Cell Facial?
- Stem cell facial has shown to have a beneficial, rejuvenating effect on ageing or damaged skin (sun damage, discolourations). Cells within the fat grafts are capable of “repairing” damaged tissue and are presumed to stimulate the skin cells to produce substances that improve skin elasticity and deposition of essential structural proteins.
- It also has a positive effect on scars as it makes them less visible.
- The effect of stem cell facial usually appears within four weeks to three months.
Are you a good candidate for Stem Cell Facial?
- Any person who has a damaged or aged skin. The person should have enough fat available (from just a few millilitres for small areas up to 30 – 40 ml for a whole face).
For more information or to schedule an appointment please contact us.