Women have always wanted to move fat from their waist or thighs to their breasts.
Fat grafting to the breast consists of two procedures performed on the same day: first harvesting the fat and then placement into the breasts. Then, the harvested fat is injected meticulously through four tiny 1/8 inch incisions using blunt infiltration cannulas.
The fat has to be injected properly in order for those tiny cells to be able to receive nutrients from the surrounding blood vessels (capillaries) to grow and become healthy cells.
Breast Fat Graft Advantages
Fat transfer to the breasts has many advantages over implants, but the major advantages are:
- Fat is completely natural substance that comes from your own body
- Harvesting of the fat can be used to enhance your shape
- The breast can be sculpted and shaped
- There are minimal incisions with this procedure, which reduces the possibility of scarring.
- Fat grafting to the breasts can be used to disguise breast implants that do not look natural.
Is Breast Fat Graft For You?
Women who are healthy and has enough body fat have chosen this procedure with our surgeon to help them achieve a modest increase in their breast size.
I had a fat transfer from legs to breast and face. I had two prior consultations to explain my priorities and clarify expectations. I appreciated the doctor’s honesty and caution over the fat survival rate.