A mommy makeover is a combination of cosmetic surgeries that target physical changes from pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Depending on your goals and what you and your surgeon discuss, your mommy makeover may include some of these procedures:
- Tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) — A surgical procedure that reduces the size of your abdominal area.
- Breast augmentation (augmentation mammoplasty) — A surgical procedure that increases your breast size.
- Breast lift (mastopexy) — A surgical procedure that raises your breasts to a more youthful position.
- Breast reduction (reduction mammoplasty) — A surgical procedure that reduces your breast size.
- Liposuction — A surgical procedure that removes fatty deposits to slim and reshape your body.
You may be a good candidate for a mommy makeover if:
- You are physically healthy and fully recovered from childbirth.
- You are at your goal weight and plan to maintain it.
- You have realistic expectations about your surgical results.
- You have the proper support for your recovery period.
- You would like to improve your appearance for the following reasons:
- your breasts are sagging or have too little or too much volume;
- your abdominal muscles are stretched or separated (diastasis recti);
- your abdomen still sticks out and lacks tone or strength despite diet and exercise;
- your lower abdomen is not in proportion with the rest of your body;
- your skin has stretch marks, is loose, or is sagging; and/or
- you have excess fat in your hips, thighs, or lower back.